I fiddled with that cut paper piece from my test page. I pasted some of the little pieces I cut out onto the page and thought how funny that some of them, on their wrong sides are nine patches. How making the window, taking away, was a kind of making. I also used a digital photo tool to add lightness to the point where it almost became a drawing. I like doing that. Less to look at. It might be interesting to do this with cloth. Use the wrong side as the front and cut pieces out so that they might be placed back front side up. Sides, like looking in and out.
Today I have collected a few old images and added one new one. With the idea of looking through a nine patch.
Because today the idea of the nine patch as a window has emerged in a new way. An idea is sometimes something you can look through as a filter. Even see past eventually.
1. weave like
2. a redefine on the disappearing nine patch. maybe with missing pieces revealing what is underneath.
3. a collage, allowing some transparency
4. as a sketch like overlay imposing a skeleton
5. a mask or a true window cut from something else
6. On the lighter side ( because I remind myself to keep a sense of humor)...What if a nine patch could smile? A window to my heart. :-)